The New York District Export Council (DEC) is a diverse group of volunteer trade professionals dedicated to helping you develop export sales and thus contribute to the National Export Program.
The New York DEC is a private, non-profit organization, whose members are appointed for four year terms by the Secretary of Commerce, which brings together experienced international business people who provide support, advice, and assistance to New York companies interested in entering into or expanding into international markets. It is also a member of the National Association of District Export Councils (NADEC) based in Washington, DC.
Mission: The New York District Export Council encourages and supports:
- New York exports that strengthen individual companies, stimulate New York economic growth, and create jobs;
- New York export promotion & expansion activities by working with the New York state U.S. Export Assistance Centers; and
- Programs & services to promote increased New York agricultural and manufactured exports in the global marketplace.
We help New York companies in the following ways:
- Provide counsel & advice to New York companies interested in exporting for the first time or expanding their international markets;
- Identify sources for export financing & insurance for New York exporters;
- Foster & promote greater awareness of the economic impact & benefits to New York companies and business organizations;
- Identify tariff & non-tariff barriers that keep New York products and services from selling into international regions or markets;
- Provide constructive ideas/comments to U.S. Government officials and Congressional representatives on leveling the playing field for New York companies overseas;
- Support the programs and services of the New York U.S. Export Assistance Center;
- Expand local export assistance partnerships with New York State Government and business organizations;
- Promote international education & awareness at all education levels and institution throughout the State of New York.